Saturday, May 5, 2012

SPIDEY SUPER STORIES?! 1974 Albert Bigley Art! Marvel Comics?!

Another vintage attempt to create my own SPIDEY SUPER STORIES cover! This time it's 1974 (I was 9), and after viewing that day's live-action (and educational) Spidey adventure on the ELECTRIC COMPANY broadcast, I went right to work trying to whomp up a cover scene that duplicated that very video adventure! The result? Spidey vs the "fearsum" Fly! As usual, I had to capture the look of a real comic cover, including all logos, text, and blurbs! See another attempt at youthful artistic wonderment here! Click to enlarge.



Try as I might, I can not find any visual images from this sensational '74 SSS episode! So, just to prove I didn't imagine it, here is the story description from Wikipedia: 
Dr. Fly (Luis Avalos), a mutated half-fly, half-human plans to turn the world's inhabitants into the same type of mutant. He disguises himself as a vendor to distribute hot dogs laced with a formula of fleas and flies. Spidey saves a customer (Jim Boyd) from eating a tainted hot dog and traps Dr. Fly in his web, but gets a ticket from a police officer (Morgan Freeman) for operating (Dr. Fly's) pushcart without a license.


No comments: